Join over 5,000 others and
DETOX YOUR LIFE,
SAVE MONEY &
CHANGE THE WORLD
Sign up and receive our course
Every Day Wellness With Essential Oils for free!
Green Clean Your Home Quick & Easy With This Checklist
I don’t always feel motivated to clean and I’m sure you feel the same way at times. Some days just seem to get away from me. The thing is though, I also really want my house to be clean and organized.
Therefore, it has become a necessity to find quick and effective ways to clean naturally. Let me show you how I do it when time is of the essence!
Things You Need to Green Clean Quick & Easy
Green Cleaning Essentials #1
Green Cleaning Beginners Guide
If you’re new to cleaning with green, eco-friendly and natural ingredients I highly recommend you grab my free Ebook for green cleaning beginners.
Green Cleaning Essentials #2
The Best Green Cleaning Products
You really only need a few simple yet effective green cleaning ingredients to simplify and speed up your cleaning routine. You’ll likely have a lot of these already but maybe didn’t know how to use them or have them stored away somewhere.
Green Cleaning Essentials #3
The Best Green Cleaning Tools
While some tasks may require a little more elbow grease, eco-friendly methods take about the same time to clean and certain green cleaning tools, like microfiber cloths, actually clean better than traditional products.
Disorganization can add up to a lot of wasted time, energy and end up demotivating you. An easy way to combat this is by assigning a cleaning caddy, bucket or pretty basket filled with your favorite eco-friendly cleaning tools.
Green Cleaning Checklist
Depending on how big your house is this quick cleaning process might take a bit longer than if your house is smaller, but either way it will save you a lot of time and energy.
Kitchen | 20-30 minutes
I ALWAYS start with my kitchen. It’s one of my favorite and most frequent-visited places in the house and when it is clean it completely changes the way the house feels to me. These are the steps I take to quickly clean it.
Step 1 | Put the Dishes Away
- Open windows for some ventilation
- Put all dishes away
- Remove everything you can from countertops
Step 2 | Spot Clean
- Grab a reusable cloth and your all-purpose cleaning spray and wipe down:
- Table top
- Inside the fridge where you see it needs attention
Step 3 | Wipe the Cupboards
- Spray and wipe down your cabinets, knobs, appliances, and anything you see that needs attention.
- Don’t forget to finish with your trashcan too!
Step 4 | Clean the Sink & Dishwasher
- Scoop any food remnants out of the drain
- Spray all around and in the sink with your all-purpose cleaning spray and wipe it down. Make sure no water is left under your soap dispenser.
- Clean your dishwasher by running it empty and using our handy natural dishwasher cleaner
- Refill your hand soap dispenser.
Step 5 | Clean the Microwave & Oven
- Pour water & vinegar into a microwaveable bowl, heat for 30 seconds, and wipe down.
- Clean the inside of the oven with this baking soda cleaning trick.
Bathroom | 20 minutes
The bathroom normally takes the most amount of time and work. Luckily we got some great green cleaners and checklist to do it as quickly as possible!
Step 1 | Spray Spray Spray!
- Open your windows if you can!
- Spray your sink, tiles, light switch, toilet and the floor around it with a disinfecting spray. Let it sit for a few minutes.
- Clear off the countertops and put things back in their place.
Step 2 | Wipe Wipe Wipe
- Use a microfibre cloth and wipe everything you sprayed starting with the places you touch with your hands and you need the cleanest (the sink) and ending with the places you don’t (the toilet).
- Spend some extra time on the drain, faucet, and sink. If you need a little extra power to tackle tough scum use our favorite scouring cleaner and scrub it with a scrubby brush.
Step 3 | Tackle the Toilet
- Use this super easy DIY toilet cleaner and let it sit for a few minutes. Brush inside the bowl until the mixture fizzes up, flush and then wipe down your sprayed down surfaces.
Step 4 | Scrub the Tub
- If you need to get rid of some serious soap scum: grab our favorite scrub cleaner, lightly wet surface and apply the paste and leave for 10-20 minutes and scrub with a brush. Wipe down the towels after spraying them with an all-purpose cleaning spray.
- Spray down any mildew sensitive places with this natural mildew spray, let sit up until 30 minutes or wipe down after you finish the mirrors.
Step 5 | Clean the Mirror
Bedroom | 10 minutes
- Again open your windows for some fresh air.
- Pick up everything from the floor and place in the right spot.
- If you haven’t already, make the bed! It makes a HUGE difference.
- Dust surfaces with a microfibre cloth.
- Make it a relaxing space by using a linen & air freshener or pop on a cold water diffuser with your favorite essential oils.
Living Areas | 20 minutes
Step 1 | Carpet Deodorizing
- Grab your DIY deodorizer and sprinkle into the carpet, let sit for a few minutes (up to 30 minutes). You will vacuum this up after.
Step 2 | Trash
- Use a microfibre cloth and wipe everything down. If you need you can use your all-purpose spray.
- Coffee table
- Side tables
- Grab your filled trashcans and empty those out.
- Vacuum the kitchen, the hallway, the bedroom and the living areas (and don’t forget to vacuum the deodorizer out of the carpet).
Step 3 | Air Freshening
- To freshen the air in your living room use a natural DIY air freshener or fill a cold water diffuser with your favorite essential oils.
Pfoe! Done! This was my quick cleaning guide for when I’m pressed for time. I will also do a deep clean here and there. When I do, I prefer to tackle a room per day.
The Last Thing You Need To Know About Green Cleaning
Green cleaning doesn’t have to be any harder than cleaning with harmful chemicals. In fact, with safe and effective ingredients and the right green cleaning tools, you’ll be able to save time, money and protect your health. Use this checklist to help you do so quick and easy.
Did you like this post? Sharing is caring!
Will You Try Green Cleaning? Do You Have Any Tips?
I am always learning and would love to hear from you. So if you have any great tips or products to share, do let me know in the comments below!
Ready for More?
Here are a couple more articles you might enjoy!
- 19 Easy Ways to Reduce Plastic
- 10 Ways to Prevent Getting Sick
- Natural DIY Hand Sanitizer & Soap
- 11 Personal Care Products to Stop Buying & Start Making
- 10 Telling Signs You Need to Detox
Founder of Soul Essentials, serial entrepreneur, best-selling writer, essential oil enthusiast and soulful success coach. She is dedicated to empowering women to live up to their wildest and happiest dreams. What do you want more than anything?
Whether you want to take back your health and well-being without following hype after hype or you are an aspiring wellness entrepreneur, get yourself on the road to success today by heading over to www.soul-essentials.nl/get-started